AOS Orwell, currently recruit for the position of a Graduate Field Service Engineer PMD. We are an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria offering well construction and engineering services to the oil and gas sector, has the following vacancies for suitably qualified persons to join its team as:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer PMD
Level: Entry graduate level
Location: Port Harcourt/Nigeria
- Reporting to the Assistant Services Manager, this person will have responsibility for attending to customer service calls, remotely assist in troubleshooting customer's instrumentation related issues; travel to customer site locations and work independently on their systems; provide regular communication, feedback and status updates to the Services Manager.
- The FSE is also responsible for meeting service revenue sales targets, ensuring strong contract retention and warranty conversion rates, exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- The FSE may develop and track field service project plans, monitor and adhere to field service policies, procedures and technical standards.
- This person is required to have a good first degree in Electronics / Instrumentation or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of instrumentation, site service and customer handling experience.
- Experience in Pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, flow meters, valves, basic instrumentation, PLC, SCADA and other automation products is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Must be familiar with the use of required test equipment including Field communicator (375 or 475), Digital Multimeter, Control panel associated wiring/mechanical tools.
- Working knowledge of automation & instrumentation products.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Strong Computer and Network skills with good knowledge of MS Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write English.
- Oil & Gas and Power Generation industry experience.
- Must be capable of performing job duties outdoors requiring exposure to different weather conditions.
- Must be available and capable to travel by air, land and sea using commercial means of transportation.
- Willing and able to work hours necessary to meet deadlines and respond to emergency demands.
- May require extended travel on short notice.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2014
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: